As a parent, probably the most important programme/DVD besides ‘The Ascent Of Man’ DVD – ‘The Long Childhood’ http://www.bbcshop.com/History/Ascent-Of-Man-DVD/invt/bbcdvd1608 that you will ever see or hear about. Are all our children becoming geniuses? BBC Radio4 ‘Analysis’ – Clever.com http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00j17xt/Analysis_Clever.com/
Diagnosis and Remedies (looking for the cure – something, may be better than nothing)
"History proves that mental worlds differ through the ages – completely". Notes of Grandpa (Jim) Anthony.
"Without some sort of a map orientation is impossible" Bertrand Russell. Ref, The Proper Structuralised View Of The World – Education UK "At school our children get nothing more than a great deal of muddled thinking, there are no proper coordinates given to them to guide them successfully through this world, only plenty of guidance for them to achieve some sort of great happiness in the next"!
‘The Ascent Of Man’ DVD – ‘The Long Childhood’ http://www.bbcshop.com/History/Ascent-Of-Man-DVD/invt/bbcdvd1608
Margaret Singer Ph.D.
"Six Conditions for Thought Reform"
1) Keep the person unaware of what is going on and how she or he is being changed a step at a time. Potential new members are led, step by step, through a behavioural-change program without being aware of the final agenda or full content of the group. The goal may be to make them deployable agents for the leadership, to get them to buy more courses, or get them to make a deeper commitment, depending on the leader’s aim and desires.
2) Control the person’s social and/or physical environment; especially control the person’s time. Through various methods, newer members are kept busy and led to think about the group and its content during as much of their waking time as possible.
3) Systematically create a sense of powerlessness in the person. This is accomplished by getting members away from the normal social support group for a period of time and into an environment where the majority of people are already group members.
4) The members serve as models of the attitudes and behaviours of the group and speak an in-group language. Manipulate a system of rewards, punishments and experiences in such a way as to inhibit behaviour that reflects the person’s former social identity. Manipulation of experiences can be accomplished through various methods of trance induction, including leaders using such techniques as paced speaking patterns, guided imagery, chanting, long prayer sessions or lectures, and lengthy meditation sessions.
5) Manipulate a system of rewards, punishments, and experiences in order to promote learning the group’s ideology or belief system and group-approved behaviours. Good behaviour, demonstrating an understanding and acceptance of the group’s beliefs, and compliance are rewarded while questioning, expressing doubts or criticizing are met with disapproval, redress and possible rejection. If one expresses a question, he or she is made to feel that there is something inherently wrong with them to be questioning.
6) Put forth a ‘closed system of logic and an authoritarian structure that permits no feedback’ and refuses to be modified except by leadership approval or executive order. The group has a top-down, pyramid structure. The leaders must have verbal ways of never losing. Ref, Pope Benedict XV1 "When God’s word… is neglected, and when God’s law is ridiculed, despised, laughed at, the result can only be destruction and injustice."
Ref, Stanley Milgram http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment And, "Most people would rather believe than know", an Army Psychologist of the 1960’s. Deaths from Science ("science, neither knows nor does it care" / "science is not technology : technology = the application of science") = 0. Deaths from Creationist ‘thought or beliefs’, and all – religiosity and ideologies = countless billions of deaths.
Schools get advice on Creationism http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7934606.stm
Creationism (ID) has ‘no place in schools’ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4896652.stm