41) A large factor in the making of Napoleon was the desire to amaze, astonish, and subdue the minds of the Bonaparte family their neighbours. He promoted his brothers ridiculously for they were most ordinary men. But one person who knows him well was neither amazed nor subdued. This was his mother. He sent her money to spend and astonish the neighbours, he exhorted her to make a display, to live as became the mother of, so marvellous, so world-shaking, a son.
But the good lady, who had birched the ‘Man of Destiny’ at the age of sixteen for grimacing at his grandmother, was neither, dazzled nor deceived by him at the age of thirty two. All France might worship him, but she had no illusions. She put by the money he sent her, she continued her customary economies, "When it is all over," she said, "You will be glad of my savings". See, ‘Outline of History’ by HG Wells, p 929.
42) 500 million animal are slaughtered in UK each year for meat. BBC World service 1987.
43) What are you going to use your brain for? See, entry on blog.
44) Many of those who denounce secularism and materialism, are the very same people who in their personal lives are crassly materialistic and morally corrupt. Who but a religious guru would feel the need to go around in a gold plated limousine?" See p21 ‘New Humanist Vol 102 No 3. Very interesting piece on the, ‘myth of India’ and spirituality.
45) "The increasing desire to shed social meres and rid ourselves of constraint, as the up wave progresses, also, has its influence on literature and the theatre.’Oh Calcutta’ and ‘Hair’, with full frontal nudity on stage, were the hit shows of the 1970’s. During the 1940’s and 1950’s, the cinema would not permit a man and woman to be shown in bed together, even fully clothed. During the 1970’s film goers were treated to a varied diet of male, and female, copulation on the screen involving men and women together in bed, unclothed. The film, ‘Caligula’ released in late 1979, featured homosexuality, sodomy, fellatio, cunnilingus, rape (the male and female variety), and a scene where the Mother of the Roman Emperor was having a sperm bath, while a group of Centurions masturbated into the bathing vessel to keep it topped up". See, ‘Downwave’ by Robert Beckman. p46.
46) "Democracy is the worst form of government one can imagine, until one tries to imagine one that is better." Winston Churchill.
47) "If you don’t care you will die". The last words of Arnold Weskers’ play ‘Chicken Soup With Parsley’. BBC World Service 24/1/88. Made a tremendous impression!
48) ‘Oriental Desperation’ by Carl Wittfogel.
49) ‘The Kingdom or the Darkness’ or ‘I Don’t Know and I Don’t Care’. Titles for my book.
50) And, the most common ancestor of Homo Sapiens with the great apes was at least 2 million years ago.* Moreover, the human brain increased in volume about fourfold in that period. * The 2 million year estimate is a minimum based on immunological similarities between humans and great apes. The fossil evidence puts the date much further back at 5 million years. ‘Not In Our Genes’, by Rose, Levontin, and Kamin. p 255.
51) "If we defend the title to our land or the sovereignty of our country, we do it for reasons no different, no less innate, no less ineradicable, than do lower animals. The dog barking at you from his masters fence acts for a motive indistinguishable from that of his master when the fence was built. Quoted in, Robert Ardrey ‘The Territorial Imperative’.
"Is God (just) a meme? Rather disappointing if you have spent a lot of time thinking their is one! However, the study of nature is much deeper and so much more interesting! Don’t waste time on what is an unlikely – maybe, but what is NOW! Your time is so short and only seems a little longer, when you are young". Daddy!
53) Becoming human is a process – not an event. ‘Ape or Angel’. Mans place in nature?
54) This is the age of the anti-hero, where all heroes are exposed as cowards, liars, or maniacs. An age in which individuals are told that anything unpleasant which happens to them is the fault of somebody else. What are these amoral, spiritually empty lumps of humanity supposed to study? Some sugary pap, which goes under the ‘generic’ name of "relationships". Having grasped that they are helpless tools of their appetites and social conditioning, men, and women, are expected to seek out their fellows waifs and establish some bond with them. I pity any institution forced to tell such people to leave undone that which they would rather do. See, Brian Walden, Sunday Times 21st Feb 1988.
55) The uneducated are not conscious of History. The rise of the West and why, the connection between, freedom and capitalism, the psychological fallacy, natural selection, and selection of groups in history, or the freedom of ideas. Read again ‘The Triumph of The West’ and put in plain succinct language. Will the trend continue? Yes, because of freedom of ideas?
Despite dreadful setbacks vis : ignorant youth moulded by rapacious media. The damp squib of Socialism and Communism, the deep ignorance of the young and not so young, elitism is correct (prove this by historical example). "The masses must be whipped towards a future that only the leaders can see. Every beast is driven to the pasture with blows. The thin crust of civilization is maintained by the very few. Capacity for contempt – Lawrence re, youth? How do ideas come by : not having to think of the next thing and freedom from necessity, except, for the exceptionally experienced and intelligent who can separate themselves from ‘The sleep of everyday living’ and ‘awful personal disasters’. This is a difficult problem and may revolve around the correct use of time, "the busy may have their brains so stimulated that a switch to ‘deeper’ things comes easier".
Insight example: "Why do educated dog lovers love dogs"?
Desmond Morris’s (The Naked Ape) answer, "Dogs are honest and many admire honesty". See, Admiration!
The ignorant are powerless, because they are manipulated unconsciously by media, as they are ignorant they lack the capacity of critical thought.
"The uneducated believe in nothing and the educated in everything"! See, that of, Bertrand Russell and Nazi Germany.
56) For the true scientific method is this:
"To make no unnecessary hypothesis, to trust no statements without verification, to test all things as rigorously as possible, to keep no secrets, to attempt no monopolies, to give out one’s best modestly, and plainly, serving no other end but knowledge". H G Wells ‘The Outline of History’ p758.
57) About the Brain BBC Discovery 1988, 85% Cortex.
Magic, Sex, and Violence
1. Before magic. 2. Magic. 3. Magic &
Religion. 4. Before sex. 5. Sex. 6. Magic,
Sex, and Violence.
Apes to Magic
Becoming Human is a process – not an event
‘Ape or Angel’, ‘Man’s Place In Nature’.
58) 12/2/88 I heard a prominent US businessman say on ‘Business Matters’ BBC World Service : "Space is just another place to do business". What an example of philistine thinking!
59) The Primitive Mind Today.
The only answer to everything is a basic knowledge of HEC. History, Evolution, Cosmology.